Supplemental Disclosure Document

Supplemental Disclosure

Making a Complaint

The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) is the state agency responsible for investigating complaints and incidents for nursing homes.  A complaint against a nursing home should be submitted in writing and the complaint form is available online at:  If you are unable to submit your complaint by using the Nursing Home Complaint Form, then you may contact the Nursing Home Complaint hotline at (888) 201-4563, which can be called 24 hours per day, seven days per week.  The NYSDOH Office of Long Term Care can be reached via email at or via mail at: 875 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12206.

If you require assistance, you may contact either:

Center for the Independence of

Disabled New York

Long Term Care Ombudsman Program

841 Broadway, Suite 301

New York, NY 10003

Phone: (212) 812-2901

Fax: (212) 254-5953


The New York State Office for the Aging

2 Empire State Plaza

Albany, NY 12223

Phone: (844) 697-6321



Residents who are mentally ill, or who may have developmental disabilities, may seek assistance from either:

Disability Rights New York

25 Chapel Street, Suite 1005

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Phone: (800) 993-8982

TTY: (518) 512-3448

Fax: (518) 427-6561


New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs

161 Delaware Ave

Delmar, NY 12054

Phone: (855) 373-2122

Relay Service: 7-1-1 and give the operator (518) 549-0200


Reports of suspected Medicaid Fraud can be submitted to the New York State Medicaid Fraud Control Unit online at:  The Unit may also be contacted at (800) 771-7755 or via mail at: New York City Regional Office, 28 Liberty Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10005.


Quality and Inspection Information

Both the NYSDOH and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) maintain information on nursing homes that includes performance on quality measures, complaints, inspection results, and citations and enforcement actions, as well as any penalties imposed on a nursing home.  CMS has created a tool called Care Compare to help consumers search for and select nursing homes and other health care providers.

According to CMS, the information it maintains on nursing homes should be used with other information you gather about providers and facilities in your area. In addition to reviewing the Care Compare information, you should talk to your doctor, social worker, or other health care providers when choosing a provider.  Additional tips for selecting a nursing home can be found in CMS’s guide to selecting a nursing home:

The following web addresses can provide quality and compliance information:

    • On the NYSDOH site, select the nursing home (after using the search box or the drop-down menu at the top under “Nursing Homes”), and open the Inspections tab to view any Complaints, Inspection results including any Citations, and any Enforcement actions against the nursing home.


Physician Privileges

Only physicians who obtain clinical privileges may provide services to residents in the Home.  An organized medical staff promotes quality care by evaluating a physician’s education, professional license, experience and competence before the physician provides medical services in the Home.  A resident may see a physician of the resident’s choice in the community, but if a physician desires to provide services within the Home the physician must apply, via an application to the Home’s Medical Director, to become a member of the Home’s medical staff.

Want To Work at RiverSpring Living? We Are Hiring!!