Independence Through Community
RiverWalk Senior Living: a vibrant senior community – right on the Hudson River
- Full-sized, fully equipped kitchen
- Spacious closets
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Modern full bathrooms with easy access to showers
- Emergency call system
Amenities and Community
Delicious Dining options
- Restaurant style kosher meal in our elegant dining room overlooking the Hudson
- Café-style meals and outdoor dining areas
- Garden market for casual meals
- Daily trash removal and bed-making
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
- Scheduled transportation
- Convenient to downtown Riverdale
Wellness and Fitness
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, strength training, cardio, and belly dance classes for fitness
- Aquatic therapy pool
- Garden/Patio area with putting green
- 32-Acre campus for scenic strolls
Entertainment and Programming
- 22-seat movie theatre with screenings
- Cultural trips
- Live entertainment and music
- Art classes
- Horticulture and gardening
- Religious programming
- RiverWalk University courses, lectures, and current events classes
- Derfner Judaica Museum and expansive art collection on the main campus
- Internet café
On-site Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
Safety and Medical access
- Gated community
- 24-hour on-site security
- Priority access to RiverSpring Health’s entire continuum of care and extended care options, nearby on campus
- Emergency call system on campus
Frequently Asked Questions
RiverWalk is a senior apartment community designed especially for adults 65 and over. They offer residential style living with a focus on hospitality services to make life easier.
RiverWalk is affiliated with the nationally acclaimed, not-for-profit Hebrew Home at Riverdale. Residents receive access to the Home’s entire system of healthcare and extended care options, if ever needed.
The all-inclusive monthly fee range is between at $3,700-$6,500 per month depending on size, view, and location of the apartment. This fee includes rent, 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner), housekeeping, laundry and linen service, utilities (except telephone and TV), on site activities and scheduled transportation.
Personal assistance and health care services are available through our affiliate home health care agency, ElderServe Licensed Home Care Agency, or any licensed agency of residents choosing.
Yes, RiverWalk has accessible resident resident vehicles that provide local scheduled transportation to beauty parlors, banking, post office, shopping, appointments, etc. within the Riverdale area.
Yes. Residents may bring guests to their apartments and may invite them to dine with them in the dining room. Seating is limited. Advance reservations are requested.
All residents are required to be 65 or over and complete a financial review prior to being accepted for occupancy.
“The residents at RiverWalk are my family. I am at that front desk to help them every day and with each task I assist them with, a huge burden is lifted from their shoulders. Making their days easier allows them to focus on what they enjoy, like going to a class or walking by the Hudson.”
— Linda, RiverWalk team member
Meet Our Team
Director Senior Housing Services
“It’s not easy, moving from your home of 40 years. When I help each prospective resident get past that thought and realize RiverWalk is their new home, I know I’ve helped them to live a more independent, stimulating life.”
Building Services Supervisor
“When new residents come to RiverWalk, they worry about who will help them hang pictures, change the light bulb, or reach the top shelf. Many of them say having me around makes them feel more secure. It warms my heart.”
Director of Sales and Marketing
“My joy each day is getting to know and build relationships with people who are interested in becoming part of our community. Their histories, experiences, and contributions make RiverWalk an active and vibrant place to live and to thrive.”